Sunday, March 22, 2009

Kermit was Wrong


It's easier being green.

My buzzometer went off this weekend (finally!) following an inspirational visit to Serenbe. I got married there almost seven years ago and always enjoy heading down to see what's new. It got me thinking a lot about being green - and not in a Kermit THE Frog kind of way.

I work with a lot of clients who have green teams, sustainability missions and more, and I myself try to be energy-mindful and don't use plastic bags. But there's much more to it and I'm excited to see a lot of really great green communities coming online in spite of the economy. Here are a few of my faves:

New World Home Atlanta - It's not even a neighborhood (yet) but these eco-friendly houses are so darn charming, I want one! And, they're modular! You have to see it in person to really get the full picture.

The Brookwood (full disclosure, this is one of my clients, but I can still like it!) - Atlanta's first LEED-designed high-rise condo, The Brookwood is gorgeous! I've seen a lot of condos, and this is the first I can truly see myself living in thanks to the clever design and development team.

Serenbe - The grandaddy of green living in Atlanta, this lush spot is away from it all, but well worth the drive. That's the only problem - the commute alone probably makes up for all the earth-saving you're doing by living there.

No comments: