Saturday, February 7, 2009
Ga Ga for LA LA
Coming back from the Left Coast can be exhausting - that time change doesn't seem like much, but it hits you like a ton of bricks on your first Monday back in the real world. I'm a little overdue here, but wanted to give a quick rundown of my Top Five Los Angeles must-dos:
1. Santa Monica - Take a run in Palisades Park overlooking the beach - it's doggy and people-watching heaven. Afterwards, grab a cup of coffee at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf and if it's a Saturday, head on over to the farmer's market. Next time, I'm staying at the Fairmont.
2. Sushi at Sushi Katsu-ya - Yum. Spicy tuna on crispy rice, red wine. Yum.
3. Brentwood Country Mart - I'd live here if I could.
4. Drive by the Playboy Mansion - you can't see much but it's still pretty darn neat and you might see a bunny or two stumbling in...or out.
5. Rodeo Drive and beyond - any shopaholic has to at least take a gander. Have a glass of wine on Via Rodeo, watch the hordes of people and then head over to Neimans, Saks and Barney's for some real shopping.