Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Santa's Spirit at Swansons


Yesterday my mom was feeling well enough to go for a drive. We hit the road and over the hills we went to Swansons, an amazing "hidden" gem on Seattle's northern side. I had no idea what I was in for - how great can a nursery be? As an admitted dirt-phobe, it made me want to "play in the dirt again" and break out my spade - and, it really got me in the mood for Christmas!

First stop, the reindeer pen, where two full-sized reindeer were taking a little nap before waking for their afternoon snack. Their hairy noses were so cute, and we got buttons with their likeness in exchange for a donation to the local humane society. Next up, the holiday train set. Then inside for a peppermint mocha and some Christmas shopping. It was pure bliss! If only my local Pike's Family Nursery would take some notes.

No comments: