Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Parish the Thought

Atlantans, do you keep hearing about Parish? Does it live up to the hype??

I went for the first time tonight, and I have to say atmosphere, yes; food, no. Atmosphere is amazing - I felt like I was in New Orleans - no, New York - no, Atlanta - no, France. Ok, the last one is maybe a stretch, but it does have an amazing atmosphere of brownstone meets New Orleans quirkiness meets Atlanta quaintness.

The food was good, but I thought disappointing as I was expecting much, much more. See my other blog for details on the two varieties of "cheesecake" sampled. I got the veggie plate - locally-grown, organic veggies that were definitely yummy but nothing special - except for the fried squash. Maybe I'm spoiled by all of the great restaurants the ATL has to offer. Nonetheless, a worthwhile experience and I'll definitely go again for happy hour and the cute market downstairs. Bonus: To work in your daily exercise, go to the bathroom and push on the door - it weighs about 100 lbs.

No comments: