Friday, August 12, 2011

Horse Head


Horses have always been a recurring theme here on ye olde blog, and they continue to be as visions of the big, beautiful creatures dance in my head. This week, my favorite morning escape The Today Show did a profile on an organization located here in sunny San Diego. TROTT helps retrain and find new homes for former racehorses who've passed their prime racing years (2 or 3 years old!). I won't get all negative on you here, because this is a happy blog - but animals who are useless to people after two years, not a good thing.

Anywho, I'm now volunteering with TROTT to help get some visibility for a fundraiser they're putting on later this month. It's so much fun, and lets me get a little horse back in my life. There are TROTT-like organizations all over this great big world, and they all can use your help in one way or another. Find one, and let God's creatures back into your heart...and head.

No comments: