It's Sunday night. You desperately need a hot fudge sundae, but alas, no fudge in sight. Here's a recipe that will give you the fix you need - it only takes about 2 minutes out of your couch time and it can be accomplished with no grocery store runs.
- 3 Dove milk chocolates (I'm sure dark would work too)
- 2-3 Tbs. fat-free (or regular) Half n Half
- Vanilla ice cream (preferably Breyers All Natural Vanilla)
Unwrap the three Doves and do not eat while unwrapping. Place in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Check. Microwave again for 20-30 seconds until you can easily stir all three into a big chocolately swirl. Add a Tbs. of Half n Half. Stir. Add another Tbs. of Half n Half. Stir, making sure the chocolate is not hardening. Microwave another 20-30 seconds until mixture is hot.
Scoop however many scoops of vanilla into a separate bowl. Pour the hot fudge sauce on top and let it melt the ice cream a little. Eat and enjoy.
If you're feeling really energetic, you might also try:
- Adding a Tbs. of coffee to the chocolate in place of Half n Half (or in addition to)
- Adding nuts - chopped pecans preferably
- Putting a cherry on top