Friday, August 14, 2009

Waterworld


Dear Mom and Dad -
Despite my yuppified lifestyle, I am at my core, still the hippie child running on the beach in nothing but my birthday suit. In my old age, I've come to appreciate the things you showed me. I can understand why we lived on a commune at the beach, and why we had to stop at every Indian mound we passed on our state-to-state journeys.

It's all coming full circle - and I now know why I love the idea of placemaking. It's because of you and all of the odd, wild and wonderful experiences I had as an unsheltered child.

So, here's to you parents - this is right up your alley. Waterpod - life and art mixed together in a commune for the 21st century - in (but of course) Manhattan. Seems the bohemian lifestyle continues to revisit. And most surprisingly, it sounds kind of appealing.

No comments: